Saturday, August 25, 2012

It is almost here

The team are now comfortably housed in the Olympic Village. I have had limited contact with Bridie, however, enough to ascertain spirits are soaring. The girls are lapping up the "pre para" excitement, squeezing lots of joy out of the build up!

They are READY!!

For those of us preparing to leave for London, we have e-mails and texts flying back and forth as we pack last minute things. Personally, it is a very emotional time, as I make arrangements to meet my other three children in London over the next few days. I have been planning this trip in my head for four years!

I look forward to meeting up with friends and family who will share the experience. I am also excited to meet more of Bridie's UK friends, as well as her uni friends who are travelling from the US to be part of our support group.
(Look out for us on the telly, we will be the ones in the yellow gliders t-shirts!)

We all know, it is not just about the next twelve days of basketball games, but more a reflection and a celebration of the strength of the human spirit. I remember the amazing community spirit in Beijing in 2008, and the strong sense of admiration we felt for all the inspiring athletes world-wide.

I will endeavor to relay some of the experiences through the blog!

Talk to you all from London!!!
Love
Mezza

No comments:

Post a Comment